Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dear Dad

In honor of Father's Day, Notes from the Ombligo is highlighting the special relationship that fathers bring to our lives.

by Karrin

Dear Dad,

It’s your day. I hope it’s the best Father’s Day ever. When I think of you I am so grateful that you helped bring me into this world. Thank you for being the person you are, you literally mean the world the world to me. As a child you were a great mystery and powerful influence.

The older I get the more I come to realize how special you are. I see the world through your eyes a little bit more each time I think of you. You have taught me more than you know in ways that cannot be imagined.

When I was young I had no idea how the lessons you exposed me to would multiply in meaning. I continue to learn from you, your presence in my life is deep and powerful. I take you wherever I go, I think about you often. You are a part of me. We haven’t always understood each other but in many ways we are one in the same.

Thank you equally for all that you have done and for all that you have not done. You have shown me that we all have our own life to live. I am able to think for myself and make my own decisions. I am so grateful that you are my Dad. I find myself acting in ways that remind me of you and I feel connected. Life wouldn’t be the same without you. I love you, Dad.

Have a great Father’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment