Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dear Daddy, I love you!

In honor of Father's Day, Notes from the Ombligo is highlighting the special relationship that fathers bring to our lives. This post is from the perspective of a young child.

by Karrin

Dear Daddy,

Happy Fathers Day

You are the coolest Dad on the top of the highest mountain. You are like a home run with bases loaded, a touch down on Super Bowl Sunday and Santa Claus all rolled into one. You are my Super Hero. Thanks for playing at the park, lifting me up to see and watching over me.

Dad, you make me feel like an All Star Kid. I feel like a Champion in your eyes. I can climb way up and swing up even higher when you push me. When I am on your shoulders I am on top of the world. You bring me my blanket and my drink. I love you.

Thank you for reading me books and showing me how to write my name. You can do so much. I want to do what you do. I want to eat what you eat and drink what you drink. You are better than all the purple dinosaurs in the world. You give the best pony rides on the block.

I’m the luckiest kid I know because you’re my Daddy. You hit the nail on the head when you had me. It was a hole in one. Happy Fathers Day to you. You are my Dad and I am your kid. I look up to you. You keep your eye on me, hustle up when I am hurt, and go the extra mile for me. Thanks for holding my hand when we cross the street and buckling me into my car seat. Thanks for waiting for me and letting me come with you.

You are a world class Dad.

Happy Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment