Friday, June 10, 2011

Parallel Dynamics Between Art & Life

by Alisha


Check out some sage advice on the processes of both life and art:



Pressed from tarakfoto on Vimeo.




I’m currently sitting on my bed contemplating Pressed, a short film by Tara Kocourek. Through this brief 4 minutes and 53 seconds she explores the parallel dynamics between the complexities of life and creative expression via artist Joren Lindholm


As an artist and a global citizen I appreciate how Kocourek captures the balance between finding inspiration and acknowledging monotony. Both encounter struggles and strife: a constant equilibrium between success and failure, boredom and adventure, love and hate. One of the concepts that stuck with me in the film was the value of diversity. 


I’m left questioning how we can get more of this beautiful concept, that is foreign to so many. Why is there an ideal or who we are supposed to be and how we are supposed to look or act? 


As I lay in bed, I’m not expecting to find these answers anytime soon. If we think about these concepts, these questions, maybe we can one day break the norms that create them. Maybe we can break the self-doubt. Better yet, maybe we can come up with more questions and more knowledge to create internal and external dialogue. Maybe we can inspire others to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment